A selection of images dating back from 1990 to the mid seventies. How many people do you know?
1. Bryn McCaw at Teretonga Park Raceway
2. Bryn McCaw
3. Barry McAskell on his 1188cc Yamaha
4. Bryn McCaw and Dave Blackwood
5. Dave Blackwood's blown Suzuki GS1000, 9.42 @ 142mph
6. Dave Blackwood's blown 350 Honda with alloy frame. Bike was rebuilt to show quality by Gwyn Endicott-Davies in Brisbane.
7. Earl Nunn's blown Kawasaki 1000
8. Earl Nunn's blown Kawasaki ZX10
9. Earl Nunn's blown ZX10
10. John Connolly's Triumph & Earl Nunn's Kawasaki at Teretonga Park raceway. That's Earl in the beige leathers with his back to the photographer, and John in the blue leathers with white sleeves. Earl's wife Erika is in the red, a very young Phil Nunn to her right, and Nitro Pete Anderson with the tiger on his back. Circa 1980.
11. Gavin Sendall
12. Graeme Oliver's race bike, minus it's brief bodywork. Now owned by Eddie Downes.
13. Gwyn Endicott-Davies' blown Kawasaki 1000 at Teretonga Park Raceway
14. John Connolly's A/Pro Suzuki at Teretonga Park Raceway
15. John Connolly at Willowbank 1994 Winternationals, on board Rhys Endicott-Davies' Suzuki
16. John Connolly's A/Pro Suzuki at Thunderpark, Hastings
17. John Connolly's A/Pro Suzuki at Thunderpark, Hastings
18. John Connolly's Bike in Garage. Note classic posters in the background!
19. John Connolly sitting on Steve Johnson's Prostock bike in the USA.
20. John Connolly's Triumph. Check out that beautiful Southland sky....
21. John Connolly at Willowbank. That's Gwyn Endicott-Davies on the left and Rhys Endicott-Davies on the right.
22. Mark Stevens (near lane)
23. Mark Stevens
24. Paul Bushell (an Aussie) on the ex-Nunn/McCaw/Endicott-Davies Kawasaki at Willowbank.
25. Rhys Endicott-Davies on his Suzuki at Willowbank. Some of you may recall seeing this bike run in NZ in 1993....
26. Tom Kilkelly at Invercargill
27. Tony Astell at Thunderpark, Hastings late 1980s
28. Drag race teams at the NZ Nationals at Thunderpark, 1990. Left to right.....
Earl Nunn, Phillip Nunn, Rob (TA's crew), unknown1, Vicki Webb, Peter Smith, Tich Rendall, unknown2, Tony "TA" Astell, Todd (TA's crew), Mac (TA's crew), Chris Webb, Dave"Bomber" Jamieson, John Connolly.
29. Wayne Curry's Mazda 10A Rotary powered A/DB at Thunderpark, Hastings. Ran a best of 10.0 @ 140mph. Wayne now runs a AA/Altered in Top Alcohol.
Many thanks to Graeme Oliver for all these classic images!
Copyright © 2011 [DragbikeNZ.Com]. All rights reserved.